Sunday, 19 December 2010

missing the competition

Good night all. How was your day? I'm pretty good. Now, I want to tell you about a speech competition organized by my school in order to celebrate the oath youth. I was chosen by classmates to attend speech competition of the class representatives. They really expect much from me. But I can not realize their expectations. I feel very guilty. But I have reasons why I did not participate.Because my health is not good, I decided to not go to school the day when qualifying begins. I've prepared everything well. I've mastered the material of the speech. But what can I say more? My health is much more important. Ok now, I want to share you my speech, a glimpse of it.

Good morning ladies and gentlemen. My name is Golda and I am standing here as the representative of my class, 12 Science 2. Today I am bringing out a speech and my topic is about nationalism. Many countries around the world in general and state government always encourage young people to have nationalism. It is the sign that they love their country. The young generations are always require to educate themselves for they are expected to develop in order to replace the previous generations. In this occasion I am not just talking about the young generations in their particular love for motherland... nationalism, or even domestic products but also it includes basic things such as moral, attitude, and willingness to act positively with the optimism for the sake of both nation and motherland in the future.
In my opinion, the nationalism could be shown not only by tend to act like what others do, but more on their own will. I think that the young generation nowadays should give more attention about how to adapt to the development of technology. The young generation is required to be able to improve their own country by giving all that they have, include their ability and their knowledge to create such innovations that could make their nation become more powerful. Well, what are the examples then? We can recently see there are many activities that lead to demonstrations for calling our president to step down from his position due to the perceived failure to reign this country. But have you ever thought of the situations in Indonesia before he was made the president? Do you think everything can be taken care in an instant? What I want to emphasize is not to immediately jump into your own conclusion. Secondly is to create innovative work, either by following the competitions held by Djarum Black or the likes of them by others. Prove that Indonesia should be loved and not be underestimated.
The nationalism that I want to emphasize is that we should think positively on our leaders. Believing them is the first step to show that they appreciate others, not just showing their disagreement to whatever the leaders gave to us. We need to remember that we as the young generation should not only complain about what is going on in our country, but also try to solve and overcome the problems with the innovation and another things that could make people become proud of this nation. Well, to end this speech, I would like to say that we as the young generation should believe that we can do anything as long we are really willing for it. Never give up on making your country to be the first in everything. As long as we are trying working and believing together, trust me we sure can! Thank you very much for your attention, good morning!

What do you think?
till then,

xx 

No comments: